Catalogue ReferenceD/EX1164
TitlePrescription books of Hickman and Son Ltd, pharmacists of Newbury
Date1901-1979
RepositoryBerkshire Record Office (code: GB 005)
LevelSub-Fonds
Extent57 vols
Admin HistoryHickman and Son Ltd (formerly Hickman and Metcalf) was a family pharmacy business which was established in Newbury in 1834. Their premises were in Market Place until 1973, when they moved to 5 The Mall (part of the Kennet Centre shopping mall). In 1985 the business was acquired by J R Butler Chemists, of Reading.
AcquisitionDeposited in July 1992 (acc 5056)
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019