Catalogue ReferenceD/EZ183/1
TitleDeposited plan showing the boundaries of the Berkshire part of the parish of Whitchurch, including detached portions surrounded by Purley and Sulham, 1874; with confirmnation order.
DescriptionDeposited plan showing the boundaries of the Berkshire part of the parish of Whitchurch, south of the River Thames, including detached portions surrounded by Purley and Sulham, by L J [M?]errier, Captain, Royal Engineers.
38 in x 48 in 3 chains: 1 in and 1:2500
960 mm x 1210 mm 25 in : 1 mile
Detailed coloured plan (similar in style to the 1st edition Ordnance Survey maps but slightly predating these), showing the boundaries of the parish and each detached portion, and the county boundary. Shows and names the River Thames and Great Western Railway. Shows other bodies of water and roads. Shows field boundaries (some named). Shows and names buildings (in block plan). Shows woods. Contiguous parts of Purley and Sulham shown in less detail. Map signed by justices of Berkshire and Oxfordshire.

With confirmation order of the two Quarter Sessions confirming the boundaries, 1875. Annotated by F J Morland, Deputy Clerk of Berkshirer Quarter Sessions, to note that by the Counties of Berks and Oxford (Whitchurch) Confirmation Order 1894, the Berkshire parts of Whitchurch had been transferred to the civil parish of Purley.

Appears to have strayed from the Berkshire Quarter Sessions records.
Date1875-1894
RepositoryBerkshire Record Office (code: GB 005)
LevelFile
Extent1 doc
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2022