Catalogue ReferenceD/H1
TitleMaidenhead Hospital records
Records of Maidenhead Cottage Hospital, 1877-1948, and of the Maidenhead Hospitals, 1947-1974
DescriptionSummary

ADMINISTRATION: General Committee minutes, 1877-1905; Board of Governors' minutes, 1905-1948; AGM minutes, 1905-1948; Maidenhead Hospitals House Committee minutes, 1947-1975, and attendance book, 1966-1974; Hospital Management Committee minutes, 1933-1948; Medical Advisory Committee minutes, 1963-1973; Nurse Education Committee minutes, 1963-1969, meeting papers, 1963-1970, and attendance book, 1963-1970; Appeal and Entertainments Committee minutes, 1933-1942; Finance Committee minutes, 1947-1948; Medical Staff Committee minutes, 1932-1942; Jubilee Rebuilding Appeal Committee minutes, 1929-1932; Contributory Scheme annual reports, 1938-1939; Linen League annual report, 1938; hospital annual reports, 1936-1943; rules, 1908-1946; expenditure journal, 1935-1943; inventory and valuation, 1941.

STAFF RECORDS: register of governors, medical and nursing staff, 1920-1948.

MEDICAL RECORDS: registers of operations, 1966-1970.

MISCELLANEOUS: plan, 1929; letter from Lord Astor, 1900; memorial plaques, 1910, 1931-1945; press cuttings, programme and photographs re ceremony laying foundation stone of extensions, 1923-1930; photographs, 1947-1948; workhouse bills accounts, 1815-1822; engraving of St Mark's Church, Maidenhead.

Records in other collections
Trust deed of Maidenhead Cottage Hospital, 1917 D/EX2388/1
Date1877-1974
RepositoryBerkshire Record Office (code: GB 005)
LevelFonds
Extent21 vols, 5 bdls, 13 files, 7 docs, 1 item
Admin HistoryMaidenhead Cottage Hospital in Norfolk Park, Maidenhead, was completed and opened in 1879, at which time it could accommodate seventy three patients. The cost of the building was met largely by public donations. It was enlarged in 1908, 1911 and 1921, and by the time the final extensions were completed in 1930, it accommodated over five hundred patients. In 1948 it was absorbed into the National Health Service as Maidenhead General Hospital. It was closed in 1974 and its patients moved to St Mark's Hospital, Maidenhead.

The records include minutes, reports, accounts and miscellaneous papers of the hospital 1879-1948, and minutes of certain committees of the Maidenhead hospitals, 1947-1973. The only patients' records are registers of operations, 1966-1970.
AcquisitionDeposited in August 1980 (acc. 2592); in December 1980 (acc. 2626); in June 1991 (acc. 4818); in March 1995 (acc. 5590)

Schedule of accessions
Acc. 2592: 1/1-4; 2/1-10; 3/1; 4/1-3; 5/1; 6/1-3; 7; 8; 9; 10; 11; 12/1-2; 13; 14; 15; 16; 17; 18; 19; 20; 21; 22; 23; 24
Acc. 2626 25-26
Acc. 4818: 27/1
Acc. 5590: 28/1-3
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019