Catalogue ReferenceD/H8
TitleChurch Hill House Hospital
DescriptionRecords of Church Hill House Hospital, Bracknell
Date1914-1988
RepositoryBerkshire Record Office (code: GB 005)
LevelFonds
Extent45 vols
Admin HistoryChurch Hill House Hospital was a home for people with learning disabilities. The buildings were orginally built as almshouses in 1826 and were taken over as Easthampstead union workhouse in 1835. In 1948 the complex was incorporated into the NHS and used as a home for the learning disabled. In the 1940s it was known as the Church Hill House Certified Institute, and by 1952 it had become the Chursh Hill House Mental Deficiency Institute. It has been managed by the Berkshire Healthcare NHS Trust since 2001.
AcquisitionDeposited in November 2000 (acc. 6638)
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019