Catalogue ReferenceR/D132
TitleRecords of Dunlop & Son (incorporating The Polienta Company) of Reading
Description[Dunlops operated as corn and coal merchants at 97 and 99 Oxford Road (from 1900), and 1 Howard Street (from 1897), Reading; and at premises in Caversham Road (fl. 1912-1919) and Oxford Street, Reading (fl 1919-1931). The Howard Street premises were used as packing rooms in 1910. The firm was a family business, established in 1852. The corn business specialised in game, poultry and dog food. Subsidiary The Polienta Company manufactured and sold agricultural feed and other products for cattle at 93 Oxford Road in 1910, later at 97 Oxford Road [possibly renumbered street?]. Dunlop & Son also owned a fleet of private railway wagons they leased to customers.
In 1910 the firm was owned by Herbert William Dunlop, trading as George Dunlop & Son. By 1911 he was in partnership with Thomas Tillstone English, trading as Dunlop & Son. In 1931 the partners were George Renton Dunlop and Lionel Edward Dunlop and the firm was known as George Dunlop & Son. In 1933 it was known as Dunlops.]
Date1880-1951
RepositoryBerkshire Record Office (code: GB 005)
LevelSub-Sub-Fonds
Extent27 vols, 72 bdls, 41 docs
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019