Catalogue ReferenceR/D147
TitleReading Co-operative Allotment Association (later Reading Allotment Society)
Description[The Association was formed in 1908. Initially it co-ordinated the work of several local allotment providers, and later took on the direct management of several. It was originally called Reading Co-operative Small Holdings and Allotment Association Ltd, changing in 1920 to the Reading Allotment Society Ltd. In 1961 Reading Borough Council did not renew the lease of the Tilehurst allotments (intending the land to be built on), leaving the society to operate in east Reading. It was wound up in 1967, and its assets passed to Reading Borough Council.]
Date1909-1968
RepositoryBerkshire Record Office (code: GB 005)
LevelSub-Sub-Fonds
Extent19 vols, 27 bdls, 12 docs
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019