Catalogue ReferenceR/D156
TitleRecords of Chipping Norton Gas Light & Coke Company
Date1927-1949
RepositoryBerkshire Record Office (code: GB 005)
LevelSub-Sub-Fonds
Extent1 vol
Admin HistoryChipping Norton Gas Light & Coke Company was incorporated in 1911. It was dissolved in 1950 following the nationalisation of all gas companies. Its works were at Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, and Moreton-in-Marsh, Gloucestershire. Its area of coverage is not quite clear but the last chairman was Harry Cecil Rose of Faringdon.
Related MaterialA Board of Trade file on the company is held at the National Archives (ref BT 31/35023/116074 ). Annual statements of accounts, 1937-1943, are held at Gloucestershire Archives (ref Q/RUC10).
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019